Question:
Will running 3 and half miles a day five days a week help me loose weight? Im getting ready For a MMA fight?
realmofthereal2000
2006-05-23 16:36:47 UTC
and i am getting down from 185 to 165

my fight weight is 165
Seven answers:
andy3191
2006-05-24 00:22:49 UTC
well no. it will help but takes more then just that. if you want to drop the weight faster just sit in a sauna and sweat it out. best thing to do is weight training,tread mills,swimming, good diet. if your match is 2-5 round. run and punch for 5 mins and pause for 1 min and slow your heart rate down. drink water and keep doing it. so you don't gas out during your matches.
rgbrooks19
2006-05-23 19:48:44 UTC
Running is a integral part of training. It helps develop your endurance and stamina. But if you are taking in more calories than expending it will be to no avail. A clean diet along with consuming at least a gallon of water daily and your regular daily workouts will put you on the right path. Eat 5-7 times a day. Smaller meals but more of them help to keep your internal furnace burning. Just make sure your meals stay clean i.e. higher protein, low fats with medium complex carbs. Remember to make good use of your down time as rest and sleep are also a valuable part of your training.
♥ Sydd
2006-05-23 17:41:49 UTC
I ran 5 miles for about 6 weeks for training and I didn't lose weight... well maybe a little, but anyway I didn't run 5 days a week so do that and stay on a diet and that should help ya.
2006-05-24 03:27:43 UTC
hey i do the same thing for my fights. i lose 10 kilos in 25 days but it s hard

start by training ( not only running) about 3 hours a day with low food intake especially at night then the last week train twice a day and the last 3 days before weigh in just cut back on the liquid stuf cz water gives u lots of weight.

good luck
?
2016-05-18 17:02:38 UTC
I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!
tmills883
2006-05-23 16:41:36 UTC
You can run 7 days a week, but if your not on a proper diet youre not going to lose weight. If you consume more calories than you are burning, you wont lose weight.
killer
2006-05-23 18:28:10 UTC
it will, run longer, 20 miles or more, and take xyience, and train, the website I'm putting for sources is where I go for martial arts, and we do more than UFC and PRIDE do in training, a ton more, kajukembo is the first real mixed martial arts, IM me or e-mail me